More Thoughts on Creativity and Nobel Prizes

When I open my web browser, it gives me links to interesting articles. They are probably a form of intellectual clickbait--the links are about education, technology, the brain, creativity, all subjects of vital interest to me. I have become a fan of a website called Brain Pickings, and bought Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet at its advice.

Here is an interesting link on Creativity: https://www.brainpickings.org/2018/06/28/freeman-dyson-maker-of-patterns-creativity/

In reading this it occurred to me that scholars in the hard sciences and economics, for example, do not get their Nobel Prizes until many years after their work is published, as if it has to be vetted for quite some time. That makes sense. Apparently the same is not true for the Peace Prize. Barack Obama got one just for being elected, within his first year. You can take that for what it's worth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?