Short reflection on aging and illness

Since Sunday (today is Friday) I have been sick. At first I thought it was just allergies and too much heat and sun, then Tuesday I went to the doctor with a splitting headache and burning throat; I was diagnosed with strep. Now I'm taking an obnoxious antibiotic and still feel horrible, but I put in a whole day at work yesterday and am probably paying the price. I don't sleep well due to the cough and pain.

I am a horrible sick person and get depressed and despairing that I will ever get better. God bless my patient husband who slept on the couch to avoid getting infected. (He could have slept in the other bedroom but didn't want to take his guns off the bed.)

I can definitely see that being in my 60s has an effect on my ability to bounce back from these things. Generally I feel well and strong but this week I feel older than my years.

I would appreciate comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?