Trump, Pence in Chattanooga on November 4

Because there is a close Senate race in Tennessee, our little corner of it (Chattanooga, Southeast Tennessee) is going to be blessed with a visit from not just one but two big wigs--President Trump and VP Mike Pence. (Mike Pence was in Dalton, Georgia, where I work, on Thursday, so he's burning up the roads and airways to tell us how to vote.)

I don't believe Trump has been to Chattanooga before. As I stood in line to early vote yesterday in Catoosa County, a suburban area of Chattanooga but in Georgia, I mentioned it to the couple in front of me. "There'll be a bunch of crazies there," was the man's view. He was staying away. I sympathized.

I think about it mainly because I have to go to church on Sunday afternoon for my ESL class and the traffic will be blocked and backed up even more than usual. One can see from this that I am quite unimpressed with their visit.

I live where we get ads from both states, which makes life interesting. I early voted and did a write in for governor. I was tempted to vote Libertarian, but a visit to the candidate's website showed me his main issue is weed and that's not an issue I care about. We have much bigger fish to fry than legalizing weed (although the weed smokers would probably like to eat the fish that was fried).
I'll keep my mouth shut on the Dem and Repub candidates simply because I work for the state and one of them is going to be my boss come Wednesday.

I don't know how much Georgians and Tennesseans are impressed with celebs (like Oprah) coming to stump for candidates. After Taylor Swift endorsed Bredesen (whom I like overall), his support went down almost 20 percentage points. I think that's funny.

Don't tell us who to vote for, thank you very much. We'll live in our ignorance without the enlightened viewpoints of pop stars and talk show hosts. It's bad enough we have a reality star in the White House. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?