Amazon's new take on Hercule Poirot. They lost their little gray cells.

I'll watch anything (at least for a while) that has Agatha Christie's name on it. Hence, I watched the first episode of The ABC Murders, with John Malkovich as Poirot.

Oh, how about no.

John Malkovich tries.  They at least put him in a fat suit.  It's really a question of how far a director/producer can take a reinterpretation of a literary character. I just think they take it too far.  It's very gritty, violent, just plain kind of nasty, etc., too. 

There is also the problem of chronology. We are told it is 1933, but it has been multiple years since Poirot's heyday. But . ... the others were set in the 1930s. What?

There will just never be another Poirot for me than David Suchet, who is a wonderful character actor and a fine human being and believer.  I think Agatha would agree. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?