The New Religion of Work

This morning I had a long discussion with a co-member of the church and Life Group I attend. She is a young professor at a university I know well and she had some questions about tenure and work-life balance. It was a good talk, mutually helpful, and it will continue.

This article appeared in my "vision" along that line. It describes me to a tee.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/02/religion-workism-making-americans-miserable/583441/ 

I recently wrote about how corporations like pro-choice policies because it means they can employ women more and get more out of them. This all seems scary to me.

I often say "I love my work," but that's a problem  I enjoy and get personal satisfaction from teaching and helping students and other work of an administrator, but I can't love my work; that is putting it in the wrong place.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?