A couple of fresh looks at John

This is a long time project of mine, a daily reader on John's gospel.

Two thoughts: John described himself as the "disciple whom Jesus loved." I think we'd all be much happier if we described ourselves that way and give our other attempts at significance a rest.

Second, I am always amazed by the matter-of-factness of the Bible writers. They never say, "There was a miracle, can you believe it, lo and behold, look at this miracle" etc. They just state it, even the resurrection. They are faithful witnesses.

Third, as my life group class studies Revelation, I see in every verse that John borrows from all the rest of the Bible and it is remarkably interwoven, even with his own gospel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?