Hypocrisy in many forms?

When is hypocrisy really "putting on an act" and being intentionally duplicitous? When is our inconsistency just perceptual blindness?

Many on my campus decry climate change and want massive political change to deal with it. But they don't turn out the lights in their office or the classroom.

AOC, who I think a lot of us are getting sick of, says "recycling is tough" so she doesn't recycle those plastic bags from the supermarket. I take mine to Walmart and hope they do recycle them. I have taken recycling to the center myself (no pick up) for over 30 years, to the extent we have minimal garbage.

I would talk about our water saving methods, except that we've had so much rain this winter that seems unnecessary.

This planet was given to us to steward. We have not done a good job; "creation groans" because of human sin and awaits its redemption (Romans 8). The second coming of Christ has nothing to do with whether we should address climate change any more than whether we should feed the hungry  and care for the orphan. Of course we should do those latter things, and not forget the former. The question is HOW? not SHOULD?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?