Ideologies

Trump is frequently called a Nazi, the new Hitler.

Hyperbole much?

I personally think he is too shallow to have an ideology, even an evil one.

Not a defense. He does say things that belie racist attitudes. And while I at first thought his attempts to talk with the Kim regime had some benefits, his fawning is sickening. But he wants approval too much to commit genocide, so I don't think he quite makes the Hitler category.

Such is the state of our rhetoric. SAD, to quote the real Donald J. Trump.

I recommend Jeffrey Tulis' The Rhetorical Presidency. It's one of those books that really explains our politics, or at least how the presidents talk. I'm reading the new edition again to prepare for a rhetoric class in the fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?