Reading Revelation, Part IV: The Core

The book of Revelation is not "the Revelation of something that will happen sometime." It is "the Revelation of Jesus Christ."

The core theme of the book is the glory, majesty, character, breadth and depth, power, authority, kingship, lordship, awesomeness and beauty of Jesus Christ.

One should read it for that alone. Simply study what it says about Christ, if you can't fathom the bowls and seals and plagues and harlot of Babylon (and after a three-month study, I still don't).

Perhaps that will be a book to add to my list: The gospel according to the book of Revelation. Most do not see the gospel there, but it most clearly is.

Need I list the way Christ is revealed here? No, I think it better to say, "You do it. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?