Reading Revelation, Part VI: Grace

I don't think most of us look at Revelation and see grace. Yet that is the last sentence: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Where is grace in Revelation? Grace toward believers who are rescued from tribulation (if one takes a premillennial view, discussed below). Grace toward the many who are converted even in the midst of plagues. Grace in the methods of evangelism: it is clear angels are means of evangelism in Revelation, which they never are in the rest of the Bible or New Testament age.

Grace even to those who are martyred and taken out of the worst judgments, which are pretty horrific. I felt like I was watching a Michael Bay movie sometimes when I studied the book.

Now about premillennialism: MacArthur makes a very good argument for premillenialism. I at least now can say I fully understand it and am more sympathetic to it, although not ready to fully say it's the only way to interpret it. That view just didn't exist until the 1840s, so one has to wonder why the church didn't have it for 1700 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?