Excellent Discussion on Screenwriting

Somehow I started getting Quora emails in my Yahoo account. I don't know how it started, but I confess to being hooked on them. Some questions and their subsequent answers are silly (Kardashians), some are disturbing (reports of incest and abuse), and some are fascinating and insightful.

This one is about screenwriting, specifically professional versus amateur ones. The discussion goes on for a while and it's quite helpful for a newcomer.

 https://www.quora.com/What-makes-a-screenplay-appear-to-be-written-by-an-amateur

I wish to rewrite my novels as screenplays, but that does not mean putting them into a script form. All of them would need significant reworking. A novel is not a play is not a screenplay.  Screenplays tell stories in pictures and actions with reduced dialogue and no inner thoughts. That in itself is a huge hurdle, much less getting it to the professional level of storytelling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?