Blogging for Memory

One reason I keep this blog is to post things I want to remember. We assume the Internet is eternal.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/08/jeffrey-epstein-and-the-myth-of-the-underage-woman/596140/

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/my-perfect-pictures-and-the-pain-behind-them?utm_source=pocket-newtab

These are two related articles on, well, women as sexual objectified, from two different perspectives.

I am thankful I was spared from abuse. I see this two ways: women truly are victimized by men, and men just plain have a hard time seeing a woman as a total person, separate from themselves but equal in their own way. A strong faith system helps, but can also have its own bad consequences.

On the other hand, I have to wonder if women who want to be known for their beauty (models and actresses) don't inherently or even knowingly make themselves victims. The second of these articles seems to chronicle this pattern.  It's the old, "Why show up at a director's hotel room at midnight expecting an audition" question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?