Kallman's syndrome: Coming out of the Shadows

I found this scholarly article on Kallman's yesterday. It's one of the few I understand because I have limited background in genetics. It's quite good, and should be given to family members of KS patients so they can understand what we deal with.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3862043/

I could have said the things stated by the participants in this study--and then some. A recent event has made me wonder about how I have really dealt with this and multiple other issues: losing my father at 16, having a severely disabled sibling, mental illness in my family, close proximity to spiritual abuse and other types, uneducated and low-income parents, being the child of an alcoholic, etc. 

One thing I do know is that in the depths of my soul I resent people who think they know me, and yet I do not tell them these things. So it is probably time to write my memoir of "A Life Like No Other."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?