The song of ascents

O how high would I climb mountains
If the mountains were where You hide
O how far I'd scale the valleys
If You graced the other side
O how long have I chased rivers
From lowly seas to where they rise
Against the rush of grace descending
From the source of its supply
In the highlands and the heartache
You're neither more or less inclined
I would search and stop at nothing
You're just not that hard to find
So I will praise You on the mountain
And I will praise You when the mountain's in my way
You're the summit where my feet are
So I will praise You in the valleys all the same
No less God within the shadows
No less faithful when the night leads me astray
You're the heaven where my heart is
In the highlands and the heartache all the same

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?