Fascinating article on Enneagram

https://forge.medium.com/the-self-help-movement-that-is-upending-american-christianity-9ce381e10d4f

Now, let me start by saying that I am going through a personal crisis right now. The article's talk of "Essence falls into ego" and "personality as a mechanism we create to deal with our brokenness" is interesting, in that I can see how what others see is not our trueness, but a way we've sometimes developed because of deep hurts to us and, as Enneagram teaches, developed as barriers to what we want. My own crisis makes me wonder how my own behavior has created the crisis. Not very positive, but real.

That said, the whole thing sounds like hooey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?