My feelings exactly

Due to personal issues (see previous posts) I'm doing little with Christmas this year--well, actually, I just didn't put up a tree and didn't visit family out of town. I spent as much money otherwise and cooked plenty and enjoyed three services of music. Not putting up a tree was rather refreshing, because now I don't have to take it down. Instead, I bought a ceramic tree with lights like my mom used to have. I rather like it.

Several years ago I just chose not to succumb to the stress and insanity we are supposed to suffer from in December. The solstice is over, the days are getting longer, and I don't run myself ragged for no reason.

So I'm happy to see from this article in CT that C.S. Lewis felt the same:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/cs-lewis-grinch-christmas.html

He says it better than I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?