Resurrecting a controversy

I still get rankled when I think of what John MacArthur said about Beth Moore in the fall. While I'm not a full egalitarian, it was rude and ill-advised and no one can get around that fact. I'm also not a huge fan of Beth's methods of teaching (too emotional for me), but she's fighting a battle that needs fought.

I thought this web article was interesting too:

https://religionnews.com/2019/10/29/why-white-women-should-be-just-as-angry-about-john-macarthurs-take-on-race/

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of intersectionality per se, because I don't think the emphasis on who is more oppressed than whom is a healthy take on life. But I agree that I was more upset by what MacArthur said about the Southern Baptists and their desire to have people of color on their Scripture translation boards. That is not a bowing to critical race theory and pure intersectionality--it's good missiology.

So I have to ask how concerned about missiology MacArthur really is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?