A Heart-breaking article

 https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2020/february-web-only/deconstructing-faith-agnosticism-atheism-journey-husband.html

Because I'm at spiritual odds in my marriage, I feel this deeply.  (My situation is not the same, though.)

That this writer continues in the marriage is a blessing and a mystery; I don't know how one could when the core thing between you is not there any longer. Paul does give permission for the believer to let the unbeliever leave.

I wonder sometimes if we do things, even very hurtful things, to test the love of the other person. It is childish and selfish to do so, but there it is.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I had two funeral visitations yesterday, for coworkers I am close to. Driving between them, I heard the testimony of a Christian performer whose wife had lost her memory of him to dementia. He was praying with young people in Ireland, and one young woman prayed, "Lord, you know what it means to have a forgetful bride."

Yes. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?