Lent Reflection #30: The New Normal (for Sunday, March 29)

This phrase is batted around a lot now as we look forward to what life will be like after we can de-quantarine ourselves, meet in public groups, but hopeful not stop being clean.

Some say we will have more careers in public  health; some say we'll have "socialized" medicine. Some say folks who are already OC or germophobic will have ammunition and some say we will become suspicious of others.

I told my son today that this would be the defining event of his generation's life (he's 31). He said we've already had a bunch--fall of Soviet Union (although most too young for that), 9/11, rise of terrorism, the Great Recession, the first black president, Donald Trump, a too-long war in Iraq. (he didn't mention all, but I saw his point and added mine). Maybe we should stop harassing the millennials and realize what they have had to deal with.

For me, I think about the after-future a lot. I plan to make some changes; one, be more frugal, get rid of clutter, and be less focused on my career. I also plan to work longer and not retire as soon.

However, I hope we all re-evaluate our priorities and the first thing we do (after getting haircuts) is "be with."  And no, that's not a mistake.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?