Lent Reflection #4

Words to a worship song from this morning:


So I will praise You on the mountain
And I will praise You when the mountain's in my way
You're the summit where my feet are
So I will praise You in the valleys all the same
No less God within the shadows
No less faithful when the night leads me astray
You're the heaven where my heart is
In the highlands and the heartache all the same
 
This is from a HillSong piece called Song of Ascent. 

What is its connection to Lent? Those central words, No less God within the shadows, no less faithful when the night leads me astray. These remind me of the journey to the cross, of our journey to the valley of shadow of death. Lent is not about foolish happiness and mindless celebration, but of mindful awareness of sin and why the cross was needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?