Some good advice on goals and improvement

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/8-rules-to-do-everything-better?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Every time I open a browser window, I get links to articles. They are better than click bait; obviously the program has figured out what I like, history, literature, and evidence-based self-help. This article popped up and I agree with it, although in #5 we read:

In Stanford researcher BJ Fogg’s behavior model, whether someone takes action depends on both their motivation and their ability to complete a given task.

Actually, that should read, I think, "their belief in their ability to complete a given task (perhaps in addition to the ability). In other words, their self-efficacy, as Alfred Bandura has researched We can have the ability, but if we do not believe it or recognize it, we will not attempt or succeed.  Self-efficacy is more specific than the global self-confidence; self-efficacy connects to specific tasks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?