Delving into Creativity

 Interesting article on creativity:  https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2020/august-web-only/taylor-groves-holy-spirit-creative-process-art.html

 

Creativity is not a simple concept. It is also misunderstood. Creativity doesn’t just “flow out of your body.” It’s not just there. As pointed out in this article, creativity exists in the audience as well as the creator or performer. As Csikszentmihalyi writes, the audience or receiver must recognize creativity; in Hitmakers, Derek Thompson calls this MAYA, an acronym for the idea the "successful" created object is accessible and familiar AND fresh, new, unique, and compelling in the right balance.

 

I think my own creative efforts might be too familiar; or maybe not. I have not been all that successful in my writing efforts, although I do think there is a major issues of RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIME.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?