I'm a COVID pioneer

 Many of my friends have totally shut their lives down because of COVID. I, on the other hand, have been more adventurous and some of them seem shocked by my cavalier attitude. 

I went to my office two or three times a week, even though no classes were being taught face-to-face. 

I teach my classes face-to-face.

I got my hair cut the very first day we were allowed. 

I go to church every Sunday since they've allowed us. 

I've given blood once and plan to again soon. 

I've been to the dentist and several doctors.

I went to a movie this weekend. I was the only sentient person in the theater. It was creepy as all get out (ha, ha, get it, "Get Out."

I walk every day. 

I shop freely. 

I'm 64 and pretty healthy. I take my temperature almost every morning. I go nowhere without a mask. I try to be a a distance.

Will I get sick? Maybe I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. But I'm not sure it would matter if I were more "careful." I have O negative blood. I have no hormones. (I've not taken a test, by the way.)

The bad side is that people like me have less empathy for the fearful and anxiety ridden. Perhaps those who are skeptical change their minds when they test positive. 

By the way, I've been asked about the movie I saw, Tenet. It's brilliant, but not for everyone. Read about it before spending your $8 or $10 or $12.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?