Post 13 of Study: Hebrews 2:3

 What is so great about this salvation? Is that a serious question? 

Well, yes, it could be. Not to sound like a Baptist preacher, but it’s great in depth, length, width, and height. Depth: the gospel changes everything. It is transformative to our cores. Length: it is eternal (and one could argue backwards and forwards on eternality. I did just watch Tenet and am having space-time continuum distortion!). It’s great in width—no one is excluded. My favorite verses in the Bible are Revelation 5:9 and following. And height: it reaches to where God is, and takes us there. 

It’s great in effect, eternity, and extent, if one wants alliteration.

Only one who feels the depths of sin, and of despair sin causes, can fully appreciate so great salvation. Even after years of being a believer, Paul said he was the chief of sinners. I think as we grow in Christ we are more aware of this fact, not less aware. 

On this point, I recommend the reader listen to Tim Keller’s podcasts. I don’t know of any other pastor who speaks to me like he does, especially in regard to the reality of grace in a human existence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?