Post 31 of Study: Hebrews 4:11-15

 If you wonder about my method, there isn't one. I have chosen to pick a theme every day I post, not a verse by verse. I don't believe we can study the Bible without looping back. I don't think we can do much of anything without looping back. 

The Lord of the Rings is based on ancient literature, even Plato, with the ring holding the power to be invisible. There is a popular thought question, as they call it: If you had a superpower, what would you choose? and sometimes the choices are invisibility and flight. I pick flight without even asking. I see no benefit to invisibility. Other people like the idea of being able to go anywhere and not be seen. I guess they can look at naked people with impunity, or they can be in on private conversations and make money.  Me, I'd rather fly.  Even as a child I wanted to be Mary Poppins. 

There is probably a lot of psychoanalysis that could go into the why of these choices (such as a superpower to read minds, or to have super speed, or to destroy things with your mind).  Maybe I feel too earthbound or weighed down by things and want to escape.  (Yes, there's truth there.) 

All that to say, we are not invisible to God and never will be. God sees us in the shower, so to speak. Nakedness is the human condition. 

Some find that frightening, binding, threatening. God is the Big Guy in the Sky with the all powerful telescope and microscope and we can't hid from Him. I prefer to think of Hagar in Genesis 16:13.  He is the God who sees, not just looks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?