Voting

 I'm not really supposed to get political here (because I work for the state), but sometimes I post things like the following to see if anyone's paying attention. 

1. The woman who is running for Congress from our district is an embarrassment and Congress will eat her alive. I hope so.  She has no business in that institution, no background, no credentials, to say nothing of her inane, insane views. 

2. One of the songs from Hamilton is "I won't throw away my shot," which of course he does at the end of the play and is killed by Aaron Burr, who was one of the most profligate but tragic figures in American history. His grandfather was Jonathan Edwards, for Pete's sake, but he was a libertine of the highest order, to use an 18th century word, and a murderer.

Some will accuse me of "throwing away my shot" in the election, but I can't in good conscience push the button for either or any. In the end, Hamilton threw away his shot because he couldn't in good conscience kill a man (Burr didn't care whether he did). I'll follow Hamilton's lead here. 

This is the best we can do? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?