Post 46 of Study: Hebrews 7:20-8:6

 One could stay here for a while. There is indisputable logic here, assuming, as with the rest of the revelation, one accepts the premise of what is revealed in the First Testament concerning the purpose and history of Judaism of that time (not Judaism now). 

"He always lives to make intercessions for us.  He lives (is not subject to death) to make intercessions. it goes on. The cross-death was once for all, yet it is continually applied, continually remembered, continually effective. 

So what does it mean, He's making intercessions? We don't have to worry about the sufficiency, completeness, the efficacy, the eternality, or the NOW-ness of His redemption. There is therefore now no condemnation .... (Romans 8:1). 

For me, I don't have to feel or experience the overwhelming guilt that my temperament naturally feels, and I know I am not alone. If I sin (when I sin), He intercedes. It is confessed and Ia m forgiven, but I don't have to bear he load as if I could, trying to impress God with humility and awareness of sin. 

In fact, STOP TRYING TO IMPRESS GOD is a good daily meditation (not mantra; we are not Hindus.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?