Post 47 of Study: Hebrews 8

 This very clear passage does not need explication; I will only summarize and make minor comments. 

 There was a covenant between God and Israel. Israel broke it over and over. God promised a new one through Jeremiah that included everyone; Jesus' death and resurrection confirmed it; the old one is obsolete "and vanishing away" (a reference to AD 70?) 

This does raise the question of the theological status of Israel. I wrote in my journal something black/white and controversial about that, but I'll leave it out. Since I am at a point in my life where I question and reject a lot of evangelical party line "stuff" (with emphasis on the party), I will not get into that here.  Let's just ask--is God through with Jews as an ethnic identity, as a religion, or as individuals? God is never through with individuals, is my take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?