Nutrition

Last semester I taught a class on Health and Health Information Literacy. I team taught it with an expert, a biologist, and I learned a lot, probably more than the students. I like to read good articles on health and exercise. I like this one: 

https://www.wired.com/story/cheese-actually-isnt-bad-for-you/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Why do I like it? Because all my life I have heart that what is bad for you is:

Cheese, eggs, milk, coffee, bananas, nuts (note that no animal has to die to give us these)

They aren't. What is bad for you are:

bacon, sausage, red meat, bologna, white bread (other than small amounts), potatoes (esp. French fries), white sugar, doughnuts, sodas

I do not pretend to be the healthiest person on the planet. I'm overweight but I'm active. But we can all do better and make reasonable steps, everyday.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?