Signs

In the aftermath of the horrible truths about Ravi Zacharias, I have scoured my memory of his sermons for indications of what was going on. 

One stands out. He said once that unbelievers should judge a religious system by its founder, not its adherents. HUMMM. #1, that's not really what Jesus said. "They will know you are my disciples by your love for each other," and similar verses (that would be a good study). Our lifestyles do matter. Granted, a lot of evil people have claimed the name of Christ (which was his point), which gives individuals today all the more reason to live above reproach, as we are clearly commanded. 

#2: Was that a tell? Was he in that statement thinking of his own deviations and deviancies? 

I wonder when pondering on this matter when it actually started. I think we can start well but an accumulation of factors can lead us to begin to believe our own press. Christian celebrities have a greater temptation here, which is why there should be no such thing as Christian celebrities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?