Hugs, embraces, and touch--oh my!

I realized today that this week I have hugged more people than I have in the previous fourteen months.I doubt I am the only person with this experience. 

This article resonated with me, but only because I, also like many, have felt so isolated. Although I myself did not isolate myself much during the pandemic, many of my friends did, for their own reasons. Sometimes elderly relatives they didn't want to put at risk, sometimes their own health issues, and sometimes what I thought was irrational fear. 

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/a36430913/the-year-of-lost-friendships-pandemic/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

This writer comes from a secular viewpoint, although she makes some good points. However, this morning I am reading Dane Ortlund's Gentle and Lowly, the chapter on the friendship of Christ. If we think friendship is about our benefits, we have missed the points. Those people whom one feel isolated and distant from after the pandemic's worst are probably the ones we should seek to re-friend as much as possible.

But speaking of friends, true ones, I am sick to death of this hype about the Friends reunion. Let us reunite with real humans rather than a lame '90s TV show with second-rate actors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?