Funny, True, but a little insensitive, maybe?

 https://babylonbee.com/news/woman-briefly-identifies-as-male-to-avoid-long-bathroom-line

This is simply too close to reality, and there isn't a woman in America who hasn't been frustrated with the bathroom disparities. And pay disparities. And respect disparities.

So, is this making fun of people with gender dysphoria? I don't think so. Humor is a Pandora's box, but instead of hope being the last "bug" let out*  the last item from the Humor box has to be kindness. 

To quote one of my even more crude observations, I have often said that the only advantage I see to being a man is being able to pee standing up.  There is a 3/1 or 4/1 ratio of men to women in my family, so I know whereof I speak here. 

However, when I look at my paycheck, I'm pretty sure I would prefer to get the same pay as my male counterparts.

*(An old story book from my childhood portrayed the evils of Pandora's Box as insects, which is unfortunate because insects are not evil. This betrays a dualistic worldview which does not see all creation as made by God. Animals that we see as destructive or gross or invasive are still good; humans still, however, get to have dominion over them.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?