Enough

 This song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqpNGYbcy3U

It's very "catchy" and emotional. But.  . . the words. . . 

I keep hearing voice in my mind that tell me I'm not enough

Every single lie that says that I don't measure up....

Well, folks, that voice is right! Christian theology frees us by convincing us that we are not enough and we don't measure up, and IT DOESN'T MATTER TO GOD! He's Okay with you being not enough and too "short."

The hidden message in these lines are "those voices are wrong, you are enough, you do measure up." And we don't. 

After years of trying to measure up and be enough, I am happy to say dependence on Christ after full realization of my not-enough-ness and perennially short stature  is something to celebrate. 

More on this later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?