My First Time Massage

In my seventh decade I finally got a massage. A full body Swedish one. 

I had waited too long. The best part was....well, all of it, but especially the feet and hands.

If you've had a massage, you know the drill. It was relaxing, the calm, new-agey, noncatchy but soothing music and quietly running water in the background and the pressure on muscles I didn't know I had.

I was warned about some things though.  And they happened. Because toxins are released, I was dizzy and nauseated. I had a splitting headache. I didn't want to drive home, but had to, and opted to shop at Food Lion for a few things rather than the daunting Walmart. I'm resting now, truly. I'm not sure I'll have the stamina for my walk. I was also warned to drink lots of water to make up for the toxin release and dehydration. Oh, and I'm sore.

I recommend it (I used Spa at the Barn in Ringgold, GA) and the price was very reasonable. I'll just know to have a ride home next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?