On Bible Teaching

 Next week I am supposed to teach the first lesson in the new "quarterly." It's about the creation. Whoever wrote the lesson did a wonderful job, and I've been full of thoughts about Creation. 

I don't think we have a theology of Creation. We have instead a theology of the Fall. 

And when I say that, I don't mean "a theology" of one thing versus others. I mean our whole theology is not about the Creation, but is about the Fall. Instead of our theology being about what God intended, it ends up being about what God had to do because of our mistakes. 

Now, I know that I am oversimplifying and overlooking, among other matters, the sovereignty and foreknowledge and omisicience of God. I'm just talking about it from our perspective. What is Genesis 1 and 2 really teaching us, before we get to Genesis 3? Why is it there? God didn't have to have Moses put that as the first segment. He could have started "in media res" and put the creation somewhere else. Ont he other hand, the Scriptures spend a lot space telling us how to worship the God of creation rather than how He did it. 

Still, He is the Creator God. Not just the Creative God. The Creator. We artists do not create. We envision and reassemble, in a sense; we mimic but through a different lens than the average person. I can write a novel but couldn't really paint (maybe only because I haven't tried?) But I see the world and see stories and words and situations and outcomes where others would not. I do no create from nothing. No one does. 

What does it mean that He is Creator God?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?