Writing Thoughts on September 24

I attended a webinar today that purported to give the Six Secrets of Author Success. I won't name names here. I signed up for it to see if it was a scam, actually. And actually, it wasn't, although the presenter did try to sell us a reasonably priced continuing education program. 

I gleaned some really good tips. The main one: I need to totally redesign all of my books and titles and marketing in Amazon and start all over again. 

I'm not kidding. I've been doing it all wrong if I want to sell books. 

Of course, this webinar was geared toward genre fiction, niche genre fiction even--really niche. Romance for vampire cowboys, that kind of thing. Medieval suspense erotica. But there's nothing to say that a more literary writer couldn't make it work. 

That said, this article from Christianity Today poses some fascinating questions about fiction writing and the evangelical world, and I would love to talk about it with someone:  https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2021/october/reading-evangelicals-bestselling-christian-fiction-novels.html

I generally grown at the concept of "evangelical fiction" and rarely read it, but he takes a different approach--not whether it's good or not, but what it means and does to people. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?