Advent Sunday 2: Love

I don't think I can say anything profound about God's love that has not been said before. We need only reflect how much the words "love of God" or "love of Christ" or variants appear in the Bible. Or the beautiful Hebrew word "chesed" for lovingkindness. Or the bold statement, God is love in I John 4:8 and 4:16.

At advent, we light the second candle for love. I looked for an image of love. They were all the typical heart shape (which comes from the shape of a frog's heart, so it lacks meaning for me) or the cross (more appropriate) or people hugging (or something even more intimate).

I liked this one since it was none of those, despite its total lack of reference to advent.

God's Love For Us Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr,  Pinterest, and Twitter 

Addendum Sunday evening: At church this morning the second candle was celebrated as peace, but my sources (Internet) say it is love. 

One thing I am pondering is why we love candles. I enjoy burning them, even though I cannot smell them. There is something peaceful and kind about them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?