Some random observations for a mid-January day

I saw a meme on Facebook about "What do you remember about your grandmother?" and a lot of people put a food item, such as coconut cake. Although I do get pleasure from cooking for people,  I don’t want to be remembered mainly for something I cooked, no matter how much my grandchildren enjoy it. 

There was a story in the news about how the Pope wanted to go incognito to visit a record store in Rome, but he was discovered.  It might help if he didn't wear his official robes. 

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/pope-francis-caught-making-surprise-stop-at-record-store  

Speaking of the Pope, Joe Biden referred to him as a "decent guy" after he met the Pontiff.  I thought as a Catholic he was supposed to believe the Pope is the vicar of Christ. Decent guy?

I finally took down my last Christmas tree today. (I had three.)

The percentage of interracial and same sex couples on television commercials seems more than representative. I think it is to make a statement about the company more than being representative. At the same time, it's good to see. 

University of Phoenix has an animated commercial about a single mom who goes to U of Phoenix to get in an IT degree when she loses her manufacturing job. I would  suggest that one would be far better off to use the local state or community college. U of PH charges $398 per credit hour or more, and I don't know about fees. My college charges $105. 

Our US athletes are going to the Olympics in China and can't take/use their cell phones because the Chinese government will hack them. Can someone please explain to me why we are supporting China by a. going to these Olympics and b. buying their projects (she says on a MAC made in China)?

On the China issue, the "part-owner" of the Golden State Warriors" said he didn't care at all about the Uyghurs. Explain to me why we watch the NBA? 

So, since Christmas, Betty White, Sidney Poitier, Meat Loaf, Peter Bogdanovich, Bob Saget and Joan Didion--and last year, about twenty more. This is a reflection of my own age. Sigh.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?