When Harry Met Sally: Finally

I finally watched this, 32 years after it came out.  It was cute in a way, vile in a way.  It hardly changed my life. I won't watch it again (While You Were Sleeping, however, is one rom-com I will watch again; it's pretty clean and human/humane; the dialogue is real, not forced). WHMS has too much explicit sex talk and the whole premise is when are they going to have sex (at least we don't have to see the humping and bare butts). However, the vignettes with the older people talking about love are cute and kind of save us from the Generation X angst. 

Men and women can be friends, but there have to be boundaries. There is a limit to how intimate they can be. The friendship can't invade the marriage; the marriage vows sort of make close friendships with the opposite sex off limits. By close I mean sharing a great deal of personal information and information about the marriage relationship. This seems like common sense, if such a thing exists any longer. 

Whether a close friendship between a man and woman always ends in sex, that is highly debatable. Sometimes there simply isn't that kind of attraction on both sides (sometimes on one, but not the other.) This is fraught with complications, which is the point of the movie.

My opinions. Normally I want comments, not sure this one matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?