Heavy heart; John MacArthur's problems

 https://www.lambsreign.com/blog/saying-goodbye-to-john-macarthur

 I think many, many of us would say that in the '80s and '90s MacArthur was a lifeline out of fundamentalism when we wanted more balanced teaching. He helped us immeasurably. 

But over time, he wasn't careful. These allegations (which seem proven) are frightful.  He should have been more wise. He started to believe his own press. He got too big. There was too much money involved. He was divisive and less "graceful" toward those with whom he disagreed than the New Testament would expect. He was more about being right than about reconciliation (although there is a fine line there and I understand it.) He was not gracious to women, either. 

He should repent and apologize to the universal church. He should seek forgiveness. 

I have some of his books--now I read he may not have written them, which as a writer and academic is unconscionable to me. As a pastor, he should be ashamed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?