Gratitude on December 27

This morning I am grateful for many things:

1. A sweet five-day trip to visit my daughter-in-law's family for Christmas in a city 400 miles away. It was a cultural experience, as they are Mexican. It warmed my heart in many ways, including the sovereignty of God that my son is in that family (never expected!) And savory food!

2. A safe trip home that took 2-3 hours longer than it should have due to traffic (road work! strange driving practices!) and light to heavy snow for the last 100 miles. 

3. Coming home to a house that was not damaged by the deep freeze of the last five days. It's warm and the plumbing works (it's still dirty and in disarray, though....)

4. My dogs safely with me (and as needy as ever). 

5. A rare covering of snow in Northwest Georgia with the sun rising and colorful birds foraging. 

6. A new coffeemaker and strong brew. 

7. Reconciliation and continued relationships; what else matters in this life, really?* 

8. Psalm 63 for my reading: "Because Your lovingkindedness is better than life, my lips shall praise you.  Thus I will bless you while I live... My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness (fat and abundance) and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips." 

(For those who would frown at marrow and fatness line, I recommend you try meat with absolutely no fat in it. It's not as satisfying. Think sirloin vs. rib eye. Venison burgers are better with some cheap hamburger thrown into the mix.)

I hope you will list your gifts this morning and find more than eight

*See next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?