A bit of honesty, Desconstruction, part 2

 I hate Twitter. But for some reason, I get notifications for it regularly (they just pop up!) and I succumb to the temptation. Many of them are from a woman named Lauren and another Ph.D., Beth Allison Barr. 

They post interesting and provocative questions, assertions, and arguments about abuse, women's roles in the church, how I and II Timothy etc. should be interpreted. They want to bring attention to abuses in the church. I applaud that. 

Maybe they want to "save" some of us women from patriarchal systems in the church we don't know about, or that we are okay with, or that we don't feel affect us. But I know there are a significant minority of women who aren't okay with them, do feel affected by them (somewhat), and do recognize them. 

Some of their posts are out of line (accusing other Twitterites of criminality because of a reformed theology), but they are interesting 

I do not write about this subject but do have somewhat more progressive views about it than some would expect. I just haven't done anything about it. 

I really wish people would comment here and we could hear from others and have a good debate.  So I'll be provocative here. I think women should be ordained (where is it forbidden?) and prominent in church leadership, but I'm not in favor of their taking on senior pastoral leadership. Yet. It's a cultural and ethnic issue, also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?