For the New Year, Psalm 66

Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth!
Sing out the honor of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
Say to God,
“How awesome are Your works! .......

6. Come and see the works of God;
He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men....... 

8. Oh, bless our God, you peoples!
And make the voice of His praise to be heard,
Who keeps our soul among the living,
And does not allow our feet to [a]be moved. . . . 

Come and hear, all you who fear God,
And I will declare what He has done for my soul.
17 I cried to Him with my mouth,
And He was [d]extolled with my tongue.
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart,
The Lord will not hear.
19 But certainly God has heard me;
He has attended to the voice of my prayer.

20 Blessed be God,
Who has not turned away my prayer,
Nor His mercy from me!

Two thoughts: Our God says "Come and see,"  "Taste and see," He provides experiential proof. Even more, HE INVITES. He invites all, He invites freely, and He invites before he sends, saying "Go." Not until final judgment does He say "Depart," "Leave."

He invites to praise. It is through praise and gratitude we align ourselves intellectually and emotionally with the reality of the university under God Almighty. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?