Inspirational Quote of the Day (not)

 Mike Tyson (of boxing, not chicken) fame: Everybody has a plan until you get punched in the face.

I like that. The punch doesn't make the plan go away. If you don't have a plan, you have no backup after the punch. The plan is true north to orient you, even if you have to adjust. Because you will get punched in the face (metaphorically). 

The plan is one I heard from podcast of nuns recently. "My goal in life is to live with God eternally."  

To expound. I have learned the power of visual symbols that explain abstractions. For example, I think x-y axes diagrams and Venn Diagrams explain life. 

My favorite Venn Diagram is three circles to explain choosing a career: What you are good at, what you love and are passionate about, and what you can get paid for.  The overlap is the sweet spot, where to focus your career. Or Fredrick Beuchner's: Your calling is where your passion meets the world's great need. 

X-y axis:  Urgent v. important. Urgent on the y axis, important on the x axis. Best way to teach time management. 

And a Venn diagram on our lives and God's sovereignty: concentric circles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?