Psalms for the Day

Psalm 71:17-18

O God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.

We are assured that God will not forsake us in Hebrews 13:5. I have been reading Psalms with a lot of concern and anxiety of forsaking and shame. The Psalms pose questions and express emotions that are true and unabashed (and unjudged), and in the gospels and epistles we find the answers in Christ. It is not that we are forbidden to have these questions and emotions; we only need to consider the answers as revealed in the New Testament. And even then, they won't magically disappear, but we will have counsel and fuel for the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?