Post #2800

I started this blog in February of 2006. Seventeen years later I have hit post #2800. (All free, by the way!) That's about one post every three days.

And I will write about the elongated worship service going on at Asbury Theological Seminary and College that some are calling a revival. 

A friend sent me this with a question about what I thought of it. 

https://thecripplegate.com/why-its-good-to-be-skeptical-of-the-asbury-revival/?fbclid=IwAR3YegJ_OW0ry8PGLhy14AAomyD_ztNamp0VDvQ8CfGW8s8TbLy_R69R1d8

I agree....and yet. 

I think we should be glad that any large group of people can worship Jesus for ten days or more.  

I think we should let God do what He wants when people are glorifying Him. 

I think God does things we don't get or even think He should be doing sometimes. 

I think we use the Bible as a weapon against things that make us uncomfortable more than we should, and sometimes more than we use it as a staff to lead the sheep. 

I think that most of the world who worships Jesus has a healthier view of what the Holy Spirit can do than some of us who can blog about it on Blogspot or talk about it on YouTube. (Both of which are free.)

This writer says that a revival only happens in a church.  Hummmmm. 

A revival should have long-term consequences. We can't judge that yet. So I will leave it alone.

I would say the same about the "He Gets Us" campaign. If someone doesn't give money to support evangelism, they are criticized. If they give millions, they are criticized for spending too much.  

Some argue against their "mission" statement not being all about doctrine. Fair enough. I think that if it gets someone to read the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John where they are exposed to the Word, that's worth it. 

 And I've said the same about The Chosen here.

 In striving for perfection, we lose the good.

 Critics are (sometimes) a dime a dozen. I like the way they do evangelism better than the way the critics don't do it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?