Wondering

Isn't the term "homeless pets" an oxymoron?

On another note, I love Venn Diagrams. They explain (depict) so much. But here's one (two groups) that are concentric circles:

God's sovereignty          My Life 

I am participating in a course on Inclusivity in Teaching. I feel like the course should be called "Lingo Bingo." A lot of redefined words in a chart we have to get in line with. Lots of thoughts on this one.

In case someone just sees me as a big snark about inclusivity, there are some important ideas in the course and faculty desperately need to talk about these things. I am just not sure why we have to have so many more words and a whole philosophical system for simple concepts like "accept people for who they are" and "don't exploit your position as professor" and "people are more than their skin color" and "make sure your students have the learning resources they need."

I heard a great Talmudic expression: When the cruel are treated with kindness, the kind are treated with cruelty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?