Joy comes in strange ways

I am one of those people who felt great happiness when I heard that Tucker Carlson would no longer be working on Fox News. That means that I won't even accidentally see or hear him after I listen to my recorded version of Special Report.

Although Carlson has had a few defenders in the podcast world (Megyn Kelly being one, oddly), most of the ones I listen to were quite elated that he was fired ("parting ways" being the euphemism here). 

Never having gotten the point of Tucker Carlson, I was appalled by his guests, his assertions, his style, hs wealthy background elitism, and most of all, his anti-Americanism, pro-Putin garbage. 

But I really consigned him to outer darkness when he said that Volodymyr Zelenskyy spoke to Congress dressed like a strip club owner.  One, how does he know how strip club owners dress, and two, Zelenskyy was wearing military clothing, and three, Carlson would have been the first person on the plane out of Ukraine. Volodymyr Zelenskyy will go down in history for "I don't need a ride, I need ammunition."

Carlson got a ride out of prime time television, joyous day. Now he won't be spreading lies to as many of the credulous. 

Joyous two: I went to a local authors' fair yesterday in Chattanooga. I sold two books. That is not impressive, but it means something. 

Joyous three: I am lining up some interesting guests for my summer season of the podcast. This one will have more men, as it happens. 

Joyous four: My daughter-in-law got a new job exactly where she wanted it. 

Joyous five: I worshiped this morning with other believers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?