The gospel truth about what I believe

 I want to state here what I believe. If someone wonders what's going on with me, this is it.

The Apostle's Creed. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; 
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord, 
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. 
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; 
He ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. 

I believe that every human needs God, God is revealed in Jesus Christ, the Son of God; God exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and we will never understand that in this life, and to understand the Triune nature of God would make us as great as God. God revealed Himself as male but we cannot assume God is like human males. Jesus Christ was the unique human in history. God is described in human terms for our finite, babyish minds: He is love, holy, just, omipresent, omnipotent, redemptive, and many other words but He is not the sum of those words or descriptors. 

Humans become their best selves when they come to Christ in repentance (because we are sinners, intentionally and unintentionally) and faith (because no amount of works will make us deserving of God's love). 

I became a Christian, and by that I mean a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ, in April 1971 when I was 15. I was clueless. I am a little less clueless 52 years later. God has blessed me with education, but education alone does not make one obedient and trustful.

Being a Christian is a process, and a lot of what is said about it is probably wrong, I am afraid to say.

God is and He is not silent. He communicates. He communicates nonverbally (in action, nature, conscience, history, providence) and verbally (because He is the Word.)

There is a God and you and I are not Him.

I believe most Christians do not take the time to develop a truly Biblical, God-centered vision and worldview. It's hard, but not impossible. I try, but "the black dog" sometimes sneaks in and threatens to undo me. 

But God is love, not just a giver of love, and that is what we hold onto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?