Camping in the Psalms

I have been deriving great benefit from Psalm 103 over the last few day. Of the first verse, Keil and Delitsch write:

 There is nothing the soul of man is so prone to forget as to render thanks that are due, and more especially thanks that are due to God. It therefore needs to be expressly aroused in order that it may not leave the blessing with which God blesses it unacknowledged, and may not forget all His acts performed (גּמל equals גּמר) on it (גּמוּל, ῥῆμα μέσον, e.g., in Psalm 137:8), which are purely deeds of loving-kindness), which is the primal condition and the foundation of all the others, viz., sin-pardoning mercy.

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. 

Bless: praise with deep affection, emotion, gratitude, intentionality, mindfulness, no reservations, totality--all that is within me.

THE NAME I AM THAT I AM, the Holy Name.

What is the practical application? See everything through lenses (although I don't think that metaphor is adequate, since sight is deeper than the layer of the cornea) of gratitude, and respond accordingly, completely, and eternally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?